Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daily Blog 2 Week 6

Konnor Drewen
3/1/011
Would you have followed Alexander into Persia? Write a short story telling your tale from the point of view of one of Alexander's inner circle.
            Yes, I would have followed Alexander into Persia. The next part is a short story written about a soldier in Alexander’s army.
“This is the third week in the battle with Persia. We have been walking for days, but we get breaks to fight in battle. The days are long and his men grow tried, but I would not trade it for anything. Alexander is a friend of mine and I would not desert him in this place. My father fought with his father and we are connected by blood. We will fight alongside as our fathers, and their fathers did. The Persians will face the cold of our steel. The day trudges on as if the days will never end. We approach the walls of the city of Halicarnassus, it is time for battle. Alexander has a plan to siege the castle, but I don’t know how he will do it. It seems impossible but I believe in him. I believe that he can do, and will do great things. This battle will be decisive and people will know the name of this city and the people who fought here for the rest of time. So today we fight on for honor, for glory, and for history.”   

1 comment:

  1. I think you could really expand on this. Given your gifts as a writer, this could be some story. Would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete